Monday, January 31, 2011

My first Maid of Honor Wedding Speech

It is an honor for me to deliver a wedding speech for a lovely couple. Although Windri has asked me months ago to prepare that speech, as a matter of fact i was struggle to write some sweet touchy speech just couple of hours before the d-day =D (*tee hee win). Knowing that this bride is an accute irritating perfectionist =p, delivering this speech is a pressure for me (another irritating perfectionist as well). Google helped a bit, of course lah, what can't you ask from google???

Having read several examples of speeches from net and from a friend, i conclude that making a wedding speech shall be done in the bathroom. Oh, OK that cannot be generally applied to everyone though hehe. What i meant is make it personal. Be funny or witty, not too serious is okay but the most important thing is be sincere. Put some nice memorable experience with the bride/groom inside the speech. Know your audience is kinda vital but since i was too late knowing some VIP audiences are all around at that time, Indonesian people said: hajar maning saja bleh! =D. Actually, i am not a very good public speaker, and well a shot of booze will usually boost up my confidence hihihi but simply said, just be yoursef and talk with your heart. The rest will follow =). At least in my experience hehehe.

By the way, below is my speech which i delivered on the wedding. I think that was memorable enough to be posted in my blog. And yes, i sometimes looked on my notepad in my blackberry. But believe me, improvisation will pop out along the way, and i guess my speech was sort of touchy, isn't it Win? *wink*. Oh i made the speech in english and also in bahasa indonesia because not all audiences speak english. Not trying to be Cinta Laura though =).

First of all, selamat utk Rully dan Windri. I'm so happy for you guys. I can feel love from here. Terima kasih untuk kesempatan delivering this wedding speech, which is my first time ever. Jadi sori kalo agak grogi =p dan nyontek2.
It seems like yesterday when windri shared her dreams with me. Karirnya, making music, business, coaching, love and marriage - last two took major parts of all of course - and here you are being such a lovely bride with amazing groom besides you.
I've known windri for years walopun awalnya ga deket but since she occupied my bed room back then on a training camp, she's been a best friend for me ever since. I once prayed for windri supaya dia mendapatkan pasangan hidup yang terbaik and I know my pray has been answered. And now I'm praying for a Divine Intervention in your marriage life. Long may your love and happiness last.

Untuk Rully, having windri as your wife is a beautiful blessing and a challenge as well =p. She has every good quality a man wants for a compensation kalo dia lagi labil, fair enough lah ya rul hehe. Dan nampaknya anda berhasil menjinakkan neng windri. Titip jaga supaya dia ga stress-an anaknya, karena dia butuh orang untuk sometimes slow down her fast pace while pursuing her dreams and goals. Which become yours too now, and your dreams become her. Karena kalian bukan lagi 2 tetapi telah menjadi satu.

Well guys, we know how 2 people are in love from their look. Waktu akad, saya sangat tersentuh dengan the way this couple look to each other. Ga perlu banyak kata, but their eyes tell me that they love each other so. I hope that sparks will never fade, mungkin akan redup sedikit, tapi semoga sinarnya tak pernah mati.

Happy wedding once again.
Hope you an ever after love story.
God bless you always.
There was my wedding speech!

Thank you for every moral supports given to me during the preparation and execution LOL. Oh one more thing, listen to good lyrics sometimes help and inspiring. And i also quoted an excerpt of sermon i have known before on holy matrimony =p. My own fave lines are: "And now I'm praying for a Divine Intervention in your marriage life. Long may your love and happiness last." It sounds sacred huh? The latter taken from somewhere around here.

So i shall start thinking: who will deliver the best man and maid of honor speech on MY wedding  *evil smirk*

3 comments:

Stephanie Gunawan said...

Bagus meeiisss!!!! :)

..Somewhat like a dilettante.. said...

Thankie gunskiii =)

Windri Marieta said...

ahaaaa ketawan baru bikin beberapa jam!!! hahaha..
tapi gak papa2 bagus kok.. yakin lo gak ditemenin sama si 40% pas bikinnya?hihihihi..

thanks yah dear meiske.. divine intervention keren banget hehehe..

ayooo cepet nikah... hihihih